We are looking for new line cooks to join the Nourish Cafe team. At Nourish Cafe, we are passionate about health, teamwork, and our neighborhood. We take a lot of pride in what we do, and want to provide top-notch service and healthy, delicious, high-quality food. This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with a brand new cafe that has great growth potential.
About Nourish Cafe
Nourish Cafe is a neighborhood cafe in the Richmond District neighborhood of San Francisco at 6th and California Street. Our menu is whole foods, plant-based and includes large salads, fresh juices and smoothies, soups, sandwiches, healthy baked goods and more. Operating hours are M-Th 10am – 7pm, Fri 7am -3pm, Sat & Sun 9am – 3pm.
- Prepare menu items for eat-in and take out orders (smoothies, fresh juices, acai bowls, salads, sandwiches, wraps, toasts)
- Review recipes prior to preparation of food
- Assure that all food procedures are followed
- Assist with the management and inventory of food supply
- Follow all sanitation guidelines
- Deliver consistent dish portions and flavor
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Assist in opening and closing procedures for the cafe including cleaning
- Restock the line and prepare food and ingredients for next business day
- Assist in cleaning the kitchen, including deep cleaning on equipment
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of a culinary institute, military school or formal on the job training preferred.
- Some food preparation experience required, salad and plant-based food experience a plus
- Experience with quantity food preparation preferred
- Demonstrate cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements
- An interest in healthy food and sharing that with others
- A positive attitude
At Nourish Cafe, we’re looking for team players that are kind, respectful, work hard and work well with others. If you refuse to take out the trash, clean tables or clean the restroom on occasion – or don’t like dealing with customers – this is not the job for you. We have an open kitchen restaurant where cooks are expected to serve, servers are expected to cook, everyone does dishes, everyone cleans, and all staff members are expected to be competent in all tasks associated with the cafe.
About the Nourish Cafe team
Nourish Cafe is owned by Brighton Miller and Sarah Bacon. Head Chef Brighton Miller is a professionally trained natural chef. Bacon is a entrepreneur and is General Manager at Nourish, focused on the business and operations of the cafe. Both live in the Richmond District and are passionate about having a healthy cafe in the neighborhood.
How to Apply
Want to work at Nourish Cafe? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/experience and contact information. We look forward to hearing from you!