We are looking for exceptional new members to join the Nourish Cafe team. At Nourish Cafe, we are passionate about health, teamwork, and our neighborhood. We take a lot of pride in what we do, and want to provide top-notch service and healthy, delicious, high-quality food. This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with a brand new cafe that has great growth potential.
About Nourish Cafe
Nourish Cafe is a neighborhood cafe in the Richmond District neighborhood of San Francisco at 6th and California Street. Our menu is whole foods, plant-based and includes large salads, fresh juices and smoothies, soups, sandwiches, healthy baked goods and more. Operating hours are M-Th 10am – 7pm, Fri 7am -3pm, Sat & Sun 9am – 3pm.
We are a small, startup enterprise so we cannot yet offer benefits (other than tasty, healthy meals when you work!), but we promise you a fun, exciting, and healthy work environment.
- Cash and credit card handling functions, confirming prices
- Assisting customers with their purchases including having a very thorough knowledge of our menu, ingredients, and how dishes are prepared.
- Preparation of light items like coffee and tea to customer
- Operate an iPad POS system (training will be provided)
- Ensure customers are waited on quickly, efficiently and in a pleasant manner
- Ensure take out orders are taken promptly and in a courteous manner, and delivered to the customer accurately.
- Set up the front of the house prior to opening (refill cutlery, napkins, assure tables are clean, display baked goods, stock cold case etc.)
- Answer the phone and take orders
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as presenting professional conduct and appearance at all times
- Manage the front of house while on duty including restocking cutlery, napkins, condiments, baked goods etc. and ensure tables are clean
- Any other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- A strong multitasker
- An interest in healthy food and sharing that with others
- A willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and pride in what you do
At Nourish Cafe, we’re looking for team players that are kind, respectful, work hard and work well with others. If you refuse to take out the trash, clean tables or clean the restroom on occasion – or don’t like dealing with customers – this is not the job for you. We have an open kitchen restaurant where cooks are expected to serve, servers are expected to cook, everyone does dishes, everyone cleans, and all staff members are expected to be competent in all tasks associated with the cafe.
About the Nourish Cafe team
Nourish Cafe is owned by Brighton Miller and Sarah Bacon. Head Chef Brighton Miller is a professionally trained natural chef. Bacon is a entrepreneur and is General Manager at Nourish, focused on the business and operations of the cafe. Both live in the Richmond District and are passionate about having a healthy cafe in the neighborhood.
How to Apply
Want to work at Nourish Cafe? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/experience and contact information. We look forward to hearing from you!